Written October 2005 Throughout my entire life, I have heard about the mystery between humans and God or gods. If there is an all knowing God, that knows our every move, choice, and action before we do it, do we really have free will? This discussion is very intriguing to me, because it makes me think about life. Is life already pre-planned, our every decision already made in fact for us, and all of our thoughts previously given to us. It seems like we are computers, with different programs in each of us, which has already been made and put into us in the form of our brains. In the Iliad some things were acts of human will, but the majority of the time they did what the gods wanted or supported. It seems as though we have do have the choice that determines which path our lives will follow. Because we can think, we can act, and everything else on our own, we can choose the life we want. The topic of free will is a very hard on...
From time to time, I like to reflect, and my old blog posts are the perfect way for me to jump back in time. But this particular post, Life, Love, and This Dick , has me leaning more toward introspection this time around. All weekend, that piece I wrote back in July of 2014 has been sitting heavy on my mind. So I decided to revisit it. My thoughts, my feelings, and my new insights on Love … the black, the white, and all the shades of gray in between. So let me set the mood, so that I can be fully focused on just my thoughts and feelings right now. Grab a cigar. Pour some single malt scotch, neat. Set up a soundtrack. And get into it. Cigar: My Father Blue Robusto Scotch: The Macallan 12 Double Cask Soundtrack: Put on a playlist that Spotify made for me, Chill Mix, and the first song that came on is Quail P - What You Got . First time hearing this song but it fits the vibe. It’s wild reading back something I wrote in 2014, when I was trying to figure out lo...
So.. I just recently started watching the most amazing show The Master of None which debuted on Netflix last year. My man Ira told me that it was a dope show worth checking out and his quick analysis turned out to be correct. This comedy drama is awesome, the writing is superb, and the casting is damn near perfect. I binged watched the entire first season yesterday. But the season finale left something with me, something heavy. There is a scene where Dev Shah played by Aziz Ansari, is in a bookstore reading a book. And the viewer is somewhat in his head as listeners, like an aside or soliloquy, and we hear what he is reading as the scenes change. As I re-winded and listened to (about five times) the excerpt from the novel, "The Bell Jar" written by Sylvia Plath. I realized that this just might be the deepest and realest piece of literature that I have come across in my life's journey. I immediately ordered the book and found the quote online. Maybe it has som...
Comments
Post a Comment